I would like to thank our College community (students, staff, parents and local community members) for a great year. There were many fantastic achievements to celebrate in 2019, some highlights included:
– The College was selected to host an Academic Gifted and Talented Program from 2021
– Clontarf will begin a program for Indigenous male students in late 2020
– ESC Choir won second place in Queensland for the ASPIRE International Youth Festival
– Some great outcomes in the STEM area with high results in the Australian Maths Competition, NUMERO tournament and Solar Car Challenges.
– A diverse Arts Exhibition and multiple Drama and Dance showcases, successful Outdoor Education camps, after school sports teams performed well and a Girls AFL team was created in 2019, as was the e-Sports Club, which joins our variety of after school groups on offer.
– Great events such as well-planned NAIDOC and ANZAC Day assemblies, in addition to the 2019 Music Showcase and Year 12 Graduation, both held at Crown Perth.
– Multiple successful Workplace Learning programs were undertaken and Vocational Education and Training opportunities continue to expand, alongside ATAR offerings.
– Five students won medals at the 2019 World Skills Competition in Bricklaying, one student will go on further to compete in the National round next year.
– The House System seems to keep growing in strength with multiple options/events for students to get involved in throughout the year. This is due to the valuable contributions of our House Coordinator, House Leaders and Student Councillors/House Captains.
We would like to also highlight the City of Swan Library, the P&C Association and Board members’ contributions to the College this year.
To departing staff, we acknowledge your impact on the College and would especially like to thank Mrs. Keeva Triscari (Head Cleaner) and Mr. Vick Liakos (HASS teacher) for their many years of service within the Department of Education. Wishing you both a wonderful and deserved retirement.
On behalf of all our staff, we wish everyone a restful and safe holiday break and look forward to seeing you back in 2020.
Dr. Peter Havel